Graduate level psychology and social work trainees and interns, and newly licensed clinicians receive valuable training working with our highly diverse LGBTQ population. Our year long program meets all Board of Behavioral Sciences & Board of Psychology licensing laws. Interns are supervised by licensed clinicians who generously donate their time.
The training program is a minimum 12 month commitment. Student trainees start in June or September; registered interns and licensed clinicians may start at different times throughout the year.
Interns and trainees are required to be on-site for a minimum of 20 hours per week and must be willing to complete 8-10 client hours between Monday and Friday each week, with one evening required.
The Clinical Services Training Program recruits pre and post-graduate interns and trainees in LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, PhD and PsyD programs starting in December of each year.
Submit your application online today!
- Clinical Didactic Training
- Group Supervision
- Professional Development Group
- Clinical Program Meeting
The Professional Development Group is a unique opportunity for the intern or trainee to explore personal aspects of training as a psychotherapist. The group helps pre-licensed individuals expand their sense of themselves as therapists and integrate what they are learning in the Training Program.
In this group participants will look at their own relationship to the profession, to their peers, to their work with clients, and to one’s growing identity as a professional in the field.
Didactic Training Topics
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Attachment Theory
- Brief Dynamic Psychotherapy
- Clinical Issues with HIV+ Clients
- Couples/Relationship Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Cultural Case Formulation
- Diversity Training
- Establishing the Therapeutic Alliance
- Group Therapy
- Harm Reduction
- Intersection of Race, Class, and Mental Health
- LGBT Sexuality
- LGBT Youth & Seniors
- Professional Identity Development
- Psychodynamic Topics
- Sexual Outsiders, BDSM, Kink
- Socio-cultural Issues in Therapy
- SOGIE: Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity/Expression
- Therapy with LGBT Clients
- Trauma Work
- Transgender Clients